Why do I need a Bookkeeper?


Trying to do your own bookkeeping at the same time as running a business can take up a lot of your precious time and can be daunting especially if you do not have the skills or experience required. In the current economic climate you need to concentrate on moving your business forward and to spend your time promoting and developing it.


If you are struggling to manage your accounts as well as run your business then a Bookkeeper is essential and Jane Franklin can help  by recording all your company‚Äôs  financial transactions and  providing you with up to date accounts and information so that you can evaluate how well your business is progressing. When you are busy it is only too easy to miss deadlines for VAT, CIS and tax returns. Your Bookkeeper can do this for you so your returns will never be late again!


How often do I need a Bookkeeper?


Bookkeeping for most small to medium businesses can usually be done on a monthly or quarterly basis but in some instances the work may need to be done more frequently. I can visit your home or office on a regular basis and either work there or pick up your paperwork and work from my home office.


Can you work with my Accountant?


I can work closely with your accountant and provide them with all the information they need to produce your year-end accounts and tax returns. If you do not have an Accountant I can recommend one to suit your needs.


Do I need an Accountant as well as a Bookkeeper?


Not everyone needs an accountant as well but if I feel that it would be to your advantage to employ one I will let you know. If you run a Limited Company I recommend using an Accountant to file your accounts, annual return and Corporation Tax returns.


What can you do for me?


Computerised accounts


Auto Enrolment/Workplace pensions

VAT returns including Making Tax Digital for VAT

CIS returns

Gift Aid returns

Credit Control

Bank reconciliation


Management Reports

Liaising with HMRC and Accountants

All aspects of office procedure and systems

Short term cover for holidays and sickness